Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What's in a Smile

by Mondo

Ok so I went out with this guy. He seems O-K. Nice eyes. Nice smile. Great built. Turned out to be kinda boring later on.

Anyway, he was trying to find out things that I like and dislike by asking me questions that really bored me to death. I was so bored, I would just answer him straight-on whatever comes to mind. One of his questions was: “So, mondo, what’s your most tactless moment ever?” I laughed because I remembered what happened to me and an ex-date. he probably got excited to hear the story so I did tell him.

I started blabbing about this guy I dated and it was so funny because my friends think he was wearing false teeth. So silly me asked him if he was wearing false teeth and he was embarrassed to admit it but he did. I asked how many and he said just two. Then later it became three until he admitted it was the whole set. I could take 2 or 3, max is 4 (as long as it doesn’t fall off) but not the whole set!!!

So I was laughing and laughing. The date I was telling the story to was laughing… nervously. Probably thinks I was an ass.
So I tried to save myself by cracking something funny. I said “Hahahaha! Get this: I even asked kung may gilagid o wala! (with gums or none) Hahahahaha! God that was the most tactless moment ever! Hahaha…”

I noticed the date wasn’t really smiling and he was just looking elsewhere as I was nervously reaching for my drink.
Awkward silence.

Then I said to myself, “OMG. He has a nice smile. Why isn’t he smiling? Why does he look pissed?”
Oh. Sheth.

He
was
wearing
false teeth.

Then I said to him, “Well… yours look real. They’re not too white! Just the right shade… hehehe…

I guess THIS is my most tactless moment, huh?”.

I never expected him to call back after.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

may i call instead? ;-)