Thursday, August 7, 2008

Being D'Artagnan

by Pat Balo

If the last 20 days of my life became a book, I'm guessing it would turn out to be like Alexandre Dumas’ The Three Musketeers.

But in this book, I would not be one of the famous Musketeers. Instead, I would be d’Artagnan, the new recruit eager to prove himself to his newly-joined corps.

Gregarious and outspoken Ome takes on the role of the gallant Athos while bubbly and lively Omie plays the part of the larger-than-life Porthos. Silent but deadly Ferdie is the enigmatic Aramis and strong-willed Boots plays M. de Treville, Captain of the Corps of Musketeers.

Gauging from the pace of the action, I’d say we were right smack in chapter three, right after d’Artagnan and the Three Musketeers meet (albeit in not so cordial terms) and right before d’Artagnan joins the three in trashing the Cardinal’s men.

Hopefully, things turn out quite as well in real life.

No comments: