Thursday, August 7, 2008

Breezing EDSA

by Ronan

The roads were tame.

The yellow lines streaked with the breeze as fast as thoughts zoomed my mind. Sadness used to be my muse. I would write lines away instead of tears and howl away the sorrow in description and silence. My fingers did all the crying as my mind consoled my heart from weeping.

Inbetween buses changing lanes, my car rolled along. Flashing through narrow gaps running like tomorrow has come. The driver had a madness in his eyes. Lack of sleep perhaps? I didn't care. His motion was liberating as he brought the engine wheeling across Santolan and Shaw stretch.

Something inside my mind was banging to come out.

I peeped through the hole and saw a red demon ramming my vision with its broken curled horns and its wings crashing up a storm. The sight pushed me back. The door was locked. Tight. Yet, I felt the seething fury of the breeze entering the smallest of gaps underneath and on the side.

When the car dashed on empty lanes, up to speed, I felt cradled in a hammock dangling from etheareal posts. Softly it swayed my soul side to side. I stare into the sun. I see the madness in my driver's eyes. The top arch straight and the bottom arches wide U's catching black orbs that stain the road it passes.

It was calming.

Sadness used to be my muse.

She went on a sabbatical.

And I am about to open the door.

I handed 150 bucks to the driver as I stepped out into the world.

I opened the door.

Madness.

No comments: