Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Gentleman

Monday, January 16, 2006
by Sandy

Last Sunday there were too many children in my son's Sunday School class, so the boys were made to go to a different room. The girls were left behind. My son didn't understand why the girls had to be left behind.

Me, explaining: It's better to move the boys than the girls because boys are stronger. You have to be a gentleman.

Miguel: I don't want to be a gentleman.

Me: You mean that if you are in a train and you are sitting down and there is no other seat left, you will not give your seat to a girl?

Miguel: I want to stay in my seat.

Me, thinking fast: What if you are an adult and mommy is a lola (grandma), and we are in a train and there is only one seat? Will you let me sit down?

Miguel: I will let you sit down
(I smile)

Miguel: ...and I will sit in your lap.

Me, appalled: But Miguel, you're an adult! You will not sit on my lap as an adult, will you?

Miguel: Then I will sit down, and YOU will be the one to sit in my lap.

Mwahahahaha!

No comments: