Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sophie

by camcb4

In 2005, we had to shoot different dog breeds for the ALPO Puppy Festival materials. My entire team was so excited since we all loved animals. When we met with the photographer, he asked my Art Director if she knew someone who’s kind enough to adopt a six-month old black Labrador. My Art Director told me about it and I talked with the photographer. The puppy was the only one left from her litter. Her mom died after giving birth to her and her seven brothers and sisters. She was neglected, malnourished and basically, unloved. She didn’t even have a name! I agreed to adopt the pup as my son (then three years old) had been asking me for big black dog.

On the day of the shoot, I met Sophie – an emaciated, frightened puppy. In a few minutes, I won her trust and brought her home.

That was three years ago.

Today, Sophie is a robust, playful and happy dog. Her coal-black coat glistens as the sunrays kiss it. She adores belly rubs, long baths and a treat after every meal. My ALPO dog has come a long way indeed.

No comments: