Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Say What?!?!?!!!!!

by Cat

Given the many dialects found from region to region, miscommunication just can't be helped. I'm sure that you guys have heard a lot of stories already but I swear, this really happened to my aunt!!! So, here's one for the books...

I have an aunt who loves to bake. One fine day as she was preparing her goodies, she realized that she had run out of cookie sheets. So, she asked her maid to go to the nearby grocery store and buy her some cookie sheets. After some time, the maid returned home and entered the kitchen holding up 2 bottles of coke while saying (with gusto): "Ma'am, 'eto na po yung pinabili mo!" My aunt looked at her and was puzzled, "Bakit Coke yung binili mo?" The maid replied with an equally puzzled expression (and she said this in her bisayan best) "eh di ba ma'am, pinabili mo coke is it?"

HOLY CRAP!!!! =)

2 comments:

The Emperor said...

nga naman hahahaha -- eric c

Anonymous said...

may point ha :D