Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Shoe-in

by Ronan

Just before my move somewhere in the middle of July, I got the opportunity to meet the guy who will be taking over my role as team muse. After exchanging plesantries, some stories, and a couple of chuckles, he eventually realized that he was replacing me. His eyes grew big, and his smile a bit more fixed, as he uttered the near immortal line, "Wow. I have big shoes to fill."

With a smile, I shook my head and said, "No. I'm taking my shoes with me. You have to bring your own."

In truth I'm retiring four pairs of shoes this year. They've served me well. I need a new pair of dress shoes, brown casuals, two or three sneakers perhaps, and maybe a new pointy pair in leatherette. Not to mention a new pair trainers for the gym. If I drove to work, I'd also need a pair for driving. Between parking fees and gas costs, I'd rather walk. But if the driving shoes look and feel good, why not?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dearie, you really had to bring it home to you again.

Patrick Balo said...

Hahahaha!

Extra ako dito!