Thursday, August 7, 2008

How do you develop certain emotions?

by Rey Tolentino

This is one story I would never forget because this was where I begun to know the meaning of the words hate and assertiveness. I remember when I was in Grade III, I was one of the most I would say talented artist in my class. I used to get no less than a grade of 98 in every piece of art that I submit in our art class. I was so thrilled when my teacher announced that there will be an art compettion in our school, sensing that this was an opportunity to showcase what I’ve got that time. Our teacher picked out art pieces from the student’s art envelopes where we kept our innocent works. Then cut to the art exhibit, I was so shocked to find out my three colorful artworks displayed on the bulletin boards where all art pieces are posted. I should be happy right? but no, my three wonderful artworks bore a different name. Maybe because our names were written in pencil so it was easy to erase, I could still see trace of my name underneath. My oh soooo bad teacher put the names of my three different classmates in those three artworks that I did. For whatever reason only God knew. I supposed those students were our teacher’s pet, (I had this feeling eversince), I just kept it to myself throughout the exhibit but I felt I was so violated that time. My feeling during that time was that my teacher was so bad and I begun to hate her ever since. If not for my father who taught me to value my work all the time and assert yourself in any given situation, I would be forever hateful. Nevertheless, I have forgiven her and I’m very happy now.

No comments: