Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Walking the Aisle

by Kaye

On the day of my wedding, I was the happiest girl in the world. Everything was perfect. All on schedule. Not even a hair out of place.

Finally the time came. I stood in front of the doors of Santuario de San Antonio, trying to calm my nerves, fighting the urge to laugh out loud and cry at the same time while reminding myself that I do have the ability to walk.

Walk I did.

A quarter of the way down the aisle, an alarm sounded off in my head.

Halfway down, I stopped.

No, I wasn’t having second thoughts.

My petticoat had fallen down to my ankles!

It was so un-funny it was extremely funny!

But hell. I wasn’t going to let a fallen petticoat under my skirt steal my thunder.

So I walked down the rest of the aisle laughing my head off.

This has now become one of my favorite memories from that day.

No comments: