Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Number 419222

by Lieza

My College friends and I went to one of Ballet Manila’s events in Aliw Theatre. We stayed after the show to see if we were lucky enough to win the raffle.

One of my friends and I were busy talking about her trip in Puerto. Then I (thought) I heard the announcer say, "NUMBER 419222."

Me: Oh my GOOOOOOOD!!! Bunny, they called your number!!! Goooo!!!"
Her: Huh? Really?
Me: Oo! They did!
Her: OMG, do I have to go up the stage? Urgh!!! Kakahiya!!! Wag na!!!
Me: Sayang, go up na!!!

While she was walking towards the stage, I jokingly told my other friend’s boyfriend, "Shit, what if she didn't really win? Haha. Whatever!” Then we shouted, “GO BUNNY!!"

As soon as she heard us shout, she blushed and embarrassingly went up the stage and gave her stub to the emcee.

Emcee on the mic: 419222? Uhmm I don't think I've called that number yet. I have a photographic memory you know.

As soon as my friend realized that the emcee didn’t really call her number, while she was still on the stage, she looked at me and mouthed, “I HATE YOU!!!”

No comments: