Tuesday, August 5, 2008

M.A. IN GF

by Pat Balo

I am the proud owner of about 12 masteral units and all because I fell prey to a man’s biggest weakness: a pretty girl.

It was the year 2000 and I had just returned to my old university to give a talk to my college org. As the organization’s current EVP entertained me, I took a quick glance around the room, checking if college girls were as hot as I remembered them to be.

And then I saw her. Dressed up in a lime green blouse, faded jeans and no make up at all, she was the perfect example of a college heartthrob.

“Uy, Sherlyn.” (Hey, Sherlyn.) I casually nudged the EVP. “Sino yun?” (Who’s that girl?)
“Yun? Si Alexa. Bakit?” (Her? That’s Alexa. Why?) Sherlyn asked.
“Cute sya.” (She’s cute.) I answered.
“Sya yung president ng org.” (She’s the org president) she answered with a grin.

Well, well, well. Soon enough, we were introduced. And when the talk ended, I found myself searching for reasons to keep seeing her.

“Uy, alam mo, mag-ma-Master’s sana ako dito.” (Hey, you know what, I was planning to take up my Master’s degree here) I casually said.
“Talaga? Eh di ang saya nun! Araw-araw na kitang makikita dito.” (Really? That would be so fun! I’d see you everyday here then.) she answered with a shy smile.

Three months later, I attended my first Master’s class. Two sems later, Alexa graduated and I finally stopped attending my Master’s classes.

No comments: